MV Express Kiosks will instantly provide a printed receipt, your registration, and license plate tabs on the spot.
- Boulder: Office of the Clerk & Recorder / Motor Vehicle – 1750 33rd Street – Monday-Thursday – 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed Friday – Sunday and during holidays).
- Longmont: King Soopers – Horizon Park Center – 2255 Main Street – Accessible 7 days/week – 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. (unavailable during holiday closures).
- Louisville: King Soopers – Louisville Plaza – 1375 E South Boulder Road – Accessible 7 days/week – 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. (unavailable during holiday closures).
- Additional Locations: Residents can renew using any Kiosk throughout the state. Additional fees may apply. Visit www.comvexpress.com for additional locations in Colorado.
Vehicles that qualify:
- Renews for personal automobiles, pickup trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, utility trailers, and camper trailers.
- If emissions test required, this must be completed before using the kiosk.
- License Plate Number and VIN number and/or Renewal Postcard.
- Proof of Colorado Insurance – only needed if indicated on your renewal postcard. Please wait 7 business days after updating or obtaining your Colorado insurance to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify insurance.
When you can renew:
You may renew using the kiosk:
- The month before your plates expire
- The month your plate shows it expires
- Up to 12 months after your plates expire. After your one month grace period, late fees will apply. The kiosk will calculate the appropriate late fees for each situation. (For information regarding late fees and our office’s COVID-19 closure earlier this year, please visit our COVID-19 Closure FAQs).
Keep Colorado Wild (State Parks) Pass:
Starting January 2023, Colorado residents will have the option to get a $29 Keep Colorado Wild (CO State Parks) Pass when they renew their vehicle registration. The $29 fee will automatically be included in the price of your renewal unless you choose to opt out (to opt out, follow prompts at kiosk). Learn more here.
Other services the kiosk provides:
The kiosk isn’t just for registration renewals. You can also:
- Print duplicate registrations
- Print duplicate stickers
- Many more functions to come!
Payment & Fees:
- Boulder Clerk & Recorder Kiosk: In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $.50 charge for checks and 2.3% for credit/debit cards. Cash is no additional charge (not available for out-of-county residents). If you choose to renew online, there is a $1 check fee and similar credit/debit card fee.
- Louisville King Soopers Kiosk: In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $3.95 fee for all transactions. Additionally, there is a $0.50 charge for checks and 2.3% for credit/debit cards. Cash cannot be used at this Kiosk.
- Longmont King Soopers Kiosk: In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $3.95 fee for all transactions. Additionally, there is a $0.50 charge for checks and 2.3% for credit/debit cards. Cash cannot be used at this Kiosk.
Note: If you choose to renew online, there is a $1 check fee and similar credit/debit card fee. If you choose to renew at a MV office at a counter, there is no check fee, but similar (slightly higher) credit/debit card fees apply. For our out-of-county residents in Boulder County (see below), there may be an additional charge to use the kiosk.
Who can use the Kiosk:
Twenty seven Colorado counties currently participate in the MV Express Kiosk program. If you live in one of these counties (including Boulder), you may use any Colorado MV Express kiosk in the state.
If you live in one county but you work, go on vacation or attend college in another, you may renew your license plates at any kiosk along the way! If you do not live in these counties, the kiosks are not available for use. Contact your county motor vehicle office for information.