Food Assistance (SNAP)
Food Assistance Program
Affordable Rentals in Spanish page

Food Assistance (SNAP)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as SNAP or “Food Stamps”, provides nutritional food assistance for households who meet certain eligibility criteria. While the program won’t meet all nutritional needs for a household, it can help a family or individual buy groceries each month. Currently SNAP provides over $5 million in food assistance each month to over 20,000 people in Boulder County.

Important: the final SNAP maximum allotments will take place in February 2023, which means current SNAP enrollees will see a reduction in benefits beginning in March. Visit for details.

There are several ways to apply for benefits. Once you apply, we will contact you for a required interview.

Select the one option that is best for you:


Over the Phone:

  • Call the Hunger Free Colorado bilingual hotline at (720) 382-2920 or toll free at (855) 855-4626


  • Download and complete an application and:
  • Email a scanned copy or pictures:
  • Fax: (303) 441-1523
  • Mail or Drop Box:
    • Housing & Human Services, 515 Coffman Street, Longmont, CO 80501
    • 3460 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304

If you already receive benefits you must recertify every six months. You will receive a Notice to reapply from the State of Colorado when you need to recertify. If you haven’t received a notice, check your Colorado PEAK account. There are two ways to recertify electronically:

In order to qualify for SNAP, a family must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Be a resident of Colorado
  • Be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
  • Show proof of identify
  • Meet certain income guidelines

To report a change to your case:

Questions about your case?

  • Use the online PEAK chatbot. At the top, click on Online Assistance
  • Call 303-441-1000
  • Text us at 303-441-1069

How can I turn in documents or report changes to my case?

Always include your name, date of birth or social security number and CBMS case number if you know it.

Check your EBT balance or request a new card

  • Go to EBT Edge to view card balance and transactions
  • Replacement cards or PIN changes can be requested by calling 888-328-2656.
  • If your EBT card is lost, stolen, or damaged, call EBT Customer Service at 1.888.328.2656 (1.800.659.2656 — TTY) to report it and order a new card. This is an automated number that will request your 16-digit card number; if you do not have the card number, hold on the line for additional options.

Replacement MA card

  • Login to your Colorado PEAK acccount
  • Click Request Health First Colorado Card/CHP+ Card on the left hand side

Where do I find forms?

Dropbox locations

  • We have drop box locations at
  • 515 Coffman Street, Longmont CO 80501 on the west, Terry Street side
    3460 Broadway, Boulder CO 80304 on the south entrance side
If you are eligible for food assistance, you may also qualify for services through the Employment First Program. Are you actively looking for work, attending school, working part-time, self-employed, or in need of other resources? See our flyer for information.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) state or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

  1. mail:
    Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
    1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
    Alexandria, VA 22314; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Contact Us

Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
TTY: 1-800-659-3656
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306

Boulder Location

3460 Broadway
Map & Directions

Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Longmont Location

515 Coffman Street
Map & Directions
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - M-F

Housing & Human Services

Connect With Us