Boulder County allows citizens to burn the following on their property with a permit:
Agricultural burns DO NOT require a permit.
How to Obtain a Burn Permit in Boulder County
- Read the Guide to Burning for expert tips and instructions on how to burn safely.
- Ensure no reasonable Alternatives to Burning exist to disposing of your material.
- Ensure your planned burn complies with all regulations & requirements listed on the Quick Guide
- Complete the burn permit application for your burn. You will be notified within 20 days whether your application was approved or denied.
- Receive your burn permit by mail or email within 20 days of submitting application
Burn Permit Application
Before continuing to the application, be sure you have…
- Considered alternatives to burning
- Read the required guide to burning
- Printed and completed a burn plan – (Broadcast burns only)
Open Burn Permits
- View locations of valid Boulder county burn permits
- Burn permit ordinance (updated in 2014)
- Open Fire Ban Authorization Ordinance (updated in 2018)