Boulder County is a caring county government that offers professional growth, an inclusive culture, comprehensive benefits and daily opportunities to make a difference in the community. Interested in applying for a position? View current job offerings and job classifications. Create an online account if you don’t already have one. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application form. You can check the status of your application by logging into the online application system.
Boulder County is a great place to work, play, and live, with an outstanding benefits package. Come join us!
Boulder County occasionally offers paid internships. Paid internships will be listed on the current job opportunities website.
Boulder County Driver Requirements
Some positions may require driving, meaning a valid driver’s license and clean driving record, for county business where the use of rideshare and/or public transportation may not be feasible. Instances where this is applicable will be noted on the job posting. Information regarding Boulder County Driver Requirements are listed below.
All Boulder County drivers must be pre-authorized to drive any county vehicles or personal vehicles on county business. The following is an outline of requirements Risk Management considers for driving authorization.
- Drivers must possess and maintain an active valid adult regular driver’s license for at least 12 months (foreign licenses are not permitted)
- Authorization to drive could be denied if, within the last 12 months, a driving record includes, but is not limited to:
- Tickets and/or accidents involving alcohol, drugs, reckless/careless driving
- At-fault accidents
- Active SR22
- Excessive speeding
- Other serious incidents as determined by the Risk Manager
- Review of the prior 3 years of activity will be conducted for patterns, excessive points or other serious incidents
- Additionally, drivers must maintain a good driving record
- Risk Management conducts annual record reviews or as needed for safety or compliance reasons
- If you have a specific question or circumstance that you would like to know if you would be to be authorized, please contact Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process due to a disability, please contact Julia Larsen, Human Resources Division Director, at 303-441-3525 . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace that promotes an inclusive and culturally responsive environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, political affiliation, age, religion, body shape, size, and ability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.