Community Service is a sentencing alternative that focuses on individual restitution for offenses with an emphasis on contributing to the community.
- You must meet with a case manager prior to performing community service hours. Any volunteer hours or other community service hours performed prior to meeting with a CJS case manager will not be accepted.
- Community service work sites must be approved in advance by your case manager.
- To successfully complete the program, the contract and full payment must be submitted to Community Justice Services.
- Clients who have been sentenced to Probation must set up an appointment after being referred by their probation officer.
- If you have not made an appointment to meet with a CJS case manager, please call 303-441-3690 (Boulder) or 303-682-6854 (Longmont).
- Walk-In and Appointment hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
To help expedite your case, you may download, fill-in, and print the Community Service Intake Form to bring with you to your appointment with your CJS case manager.
There is a Community Justice Services fee of $100.00. This fee is separate from other Court fines and fees. This fee covers insurance, placement services, and supervision of your case. A portion of the fee must be paid in order to start your Community Service hours. CJS accepts cash, checks and credit/debit cards (there is a $2.50 service charge for credit/debit cards). A fee payment schedule may be arranged with your Case Manager. To pay your community services fee online, please visit the Official Payments website. Download instructions for online payment.
Fast Track Program
Fast Track Restart June 6, 2020
The Boulder County Community Justice Services, Community Service Fast Track Program reopened June 6, 2020. Due to the need for social distancing during the COVID 19 pandemic, there have been necessary changes made.
Participants will meet at the Justice Center, 1777 6th St Boulder parking lot or Courthouse at 1035 Kimbark St., Longmont on Saturday, no later than 8 a.m. Each participant will be checked in by the crew leader. Everyone will need to bring and wear their own mask and gloves. You may be asked a few brief questions regarding your health.
Each participant will be required to drive themselves to the work site. Directions will be provided. Once at the worksite, you will not be able to leave, until the end of day. Please bring your own snacks, lunches and water. Crews will work until 4 p.m. and dismissed from the worksite. Crew leaders will fill out your time sheet and return to you before dismissal.