The Resource Conservation Division strives to lead and promote actions that will help Boulder County reach its goal of Zero Waste or darn near by 2025. Our mission is to provide convenient, cost-effective facilities and programs to help Boulder County reduce waste disposal, protect the environment, and conserve natural resources.
Resource Conservation Division
Next Tuesday, Nov 15, 2022 is officially America Recycles Day and county residents can take part in the celebration by visiting and touring the Boulder County Recycling Center and Hazardous Materials Management Facility (HMMF) at 1901 63rd St. in Boulder. Tours of each facility will be available:
HMMF guided tour
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Please register as space is limited
Recycling Center self-guided tour
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- No registration necessary
- Campaigns and Awards
- Compost Workshops Come learn how to start and maintain a highly efficient backyard compost system.
- Community Outreach Program (Zero Waste Funding) $100,000 allocated for education programs and the infrastructure required to support resource diversion programs.
- Video Library – Resource Conservation: videos for common questions on recycling, composting, and hazardous waste.