Allenspark Transfer Station is a staffed facility accepting bagged and loose garbage from households and small businesses for a fee. Recycling is free of charge. Scrap metal is accepted free of charge. The County does not provide trash collection services. Contact your local haulers to arrange pickup.
Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m..-4 p.m
|President’s Day||Monday, Feb. 21|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30|
|Juneteenth||Sunday, June 19|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, Sept. 6|
|Veteran’s Day||Friday, Nov. 11|
|Thanksgiving Observed||Wednesday, Nov. 23|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov. 24|
|Day After Thanksgiving||Friday, Nov. 25|
|Christmas Eve 1/2 Day||Saturday, Dec. 24|
|Christmas Day||Sunday, Dec. 25|
|New Year’s Eve 1/2 Day||Saturday, Dec. 31|
|New Year’s Day||Sunday, Jan. 1|
|Martin Luther King||Monday, Jan. 16|
Recycling Items Accepted
Recycling is collected in separate bins as categorized below.
- Corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
- Brown paper bags
- Aluminum cans and clean foil
- Steel and tin cans
- Empty aerosol cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles, tubs, jugs and screw-top jars
- Paper milk, soy cartons, drink boxes
- Magazines and catalogs
- Office paper and opened mail
- Phone books
Scrap metal is accepted free of charge. No salvaging.
- Appliances WITHOUT Freon®
- Hot water heaters
- Metal window frames (no glass)
- Lawnmowers (drained of all fluids)
- Metal lawn chairs
- Storm doors
- BBQ grills (No tanks)
- Wheel rims
- Metal pipes
- Other items 50% metal or more approved by attendant
Items NOT acceptable for scrap metal recycling
- Air conditioners
- Freezers (these items are accepted for a fee)
- Hazardous wastes such as oil, gasoline, pressurized containers, car batteries, household batteries
- Computers or other electronic equipment
Boulder County contracts with USAgain for placement of a textile drop-off box at this location. USAgain accepts items for reuse/recycling such as:
- children’s clothing
Trash Disposal Fees
- 13 gal. kitchen trash bag, $2 fee
- 30-33 gal. trash bag (most popular size), $4 fee
- Yard and leaf bag, $6 fee
- Permit for ten 30-33 gallon bags or twenty 13 gallon bags or any combination, $40 fee
Per cubic yard, $16 fee
- Furniture (couch, desk, table, etc.), $25 fee
- Appliances with CFCs: refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, $60 fee
- Cars, $25 fee
- Station wagon, $35 fee
- Pick-up truck, small, $40 fee
- Pick-up truck, standard – bed level or van, $50 fee
- Pick-up truck, standard – halfway up cab, $65 fee
- Pick- up truck, standard w/ side rails – top of cab, $80 fee
NOTE: Our facility does not accept construction and demolition (C&D) material from businesses or contractors.
Slash is not accepted at this site. See Community Forestry Sort Yards for other options.