Boulder County Public Works manages construction projects in unincorporated Boulder County for roads, bridges, multi-use pathways, and drainages.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
- North 71st Street reconstruction between Lookout Road and CO 52 – COMPLETE
- Crane Hollow Road culvert installation – COMPLETE
- 2nd Avenue paving in Niwot – COMPLETE
- Longmont Dam Road bridge repairs – Underway
- 95th Street at Lookout Road intersection safety improvements – TBD
- Buckingham Road drainage improvements – Summer
- N. 119th Street at St. Vrain Creek bridge reconditioning – fall/winter 2023 – Requires full roadway closure
- Hygiene Road at Foothills Reservoir road and drainage improvements – Underway
- 95th Street (Lookout to Valmont) Roadway Reconstruction – winter 2023/24 through fall 2024 – Will require full roadway closure
Longmont Dam Road Bridge Rehabilitation
The second bridge over N. St. Vrain Creek on Longmont Dam Road is currently being rehabilitated. Expect daytime, weekday lane closures at the bridge during working hours, which are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Longer delays may be experienced when equipment is being relocated in the construction area. Construction is anticipated to last through November.
CO 119/Boulder Canyon Drive & Fourmile Canyon Drive Crosswalk Temporary Relocation
Starting Monday, Oct. 16, the crosswalk at the intersection of CO 119/Boulder Canyon Drive and Fourmile Canyon Drive will be temporarily relocated approximately 200-feet to the west so crews can make repairs to the concrete multi-use trail on the south side of CO 119. SEE MAP. Access to the Boulder Canyon Path will remain in place. No closures of Boulder Canyon or Fourmile Canyon drives will be necessary. Working hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Work is anticipated to last into December 2023.
ROAD NOW OPEN – Hygiene Road Paving & Culvert Replacement Projects
The Road Maintenance Division has completed the paving project on Hygiene Road.
Nov. 23rd UPDATE – Project Complete – Culvert Replacement at Foothills Reservoir
ROAD NOW OPEN – North 51st Street/North 55th Street C
UPDATE – NOV. 21, 2023: North 51st Street/North 55th Street has been reopened to all travel. See map for more information and location. Travelers can still expect intermittent lane closures during daytime, weekday working hours. Please use caution when moving through the area.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to complete these projects.
- CO 119/Boulder Canyon Drive CLOSED at the tunnel overnight April 16 to 20
- CDOT working on repairs to the tunnel in Boulder Canyon
- FULL CLOSURE at the tunnel in both directions between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each day
- PROJECT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Project phone line – 970-350-2368
- Project web site – https://www.codot.gov/projects/co119bouldercanyontunnel https://www.codot.gov/@@site-logo/siteLogo.png
- OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Utilize CDOT’s COtrip.org website to see real time traffic condition updates on state highways
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- City of Boulder Live Traffic Cameras
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie