Boulder County Public Works manages construction projects in unincorporated Boulder County for roads, bridges, multi-use pathways, and drainages.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
- North 71st Street reconstruction between Lookout Road and CO 52 – starting spring and lasting through the fall – Will require full roadway closure
- Crane Hollow Road culvert installation – February 6 through February 10 – Requires full roadway closure
- Overland Road at South St. Vrain culvert and bridge repairs – spring/summer 2023
- Longmont Dam Road bridge repairs – spring 2023
- 95th Street at Lookout Road intersection safety improvements – spring/summer 2023
- Buckingham Road drainage improvements – spring/summer 2023
- East County Line Road (Zlaten to St. Vrain) realignment and reconstruction – summer 2023 – Requires full roadway closure
- Jay Road repaving CO 119 to 63rd Street – summer/fall 2023
- Hygiene Road at Foothills Reservoir road and drainage improvements – fall/winter 2023 – May require full roadway closure
- 95th Street (Lookout to Valmont) Roadway Reconstruction – winter 2023 through summer 2024 – Will require full roadway closure
Crane Hollow Road CLOSED Feb. 6 through Feb. 10 for culvert replacement
Road Maintenance will be replacing a culvert that carries ditch water underneath Crane Hollow Road. The work will require a full closure of the road at the ditch from 7 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 6 through 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10. Residential traffic will be allowed to enter Crane Hollow Road from the north (off of Hygiene Road) and south (off of St. Vrain Road). Non-residents are asked to avoid the area during the closure period.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to complete these projects.
Projects Impacting Cycling
Sugarloaf Road Construction – No uphill cycling between CO 119 and Betasso Road
Starting May 2, 2022, crews will begin constructing new retaining walls along the first 2,000-feet of Sugarloaf Road up from CO 119/Boulder Canyon. In order to complete this work, Sugarloaf will be reduced to one-lane in this stretch. Traffic signals will be used to control alternating traffic on the available lane. Due to the steep incline, cycling will not be allowed in the uphill direction through the construction zone Cycling will be allowed in the downhill direction. The project is anticipated to be completed in October 2022, weather permitting. Learn more.
Thank you for following restrictions! We apologize for any inconvenience.
- US 287 CLOSED in both directions between Dillon & Miramonte March 21 through March 26
- CO 7 – Lyons to Raymond/Riverside Flood Recovery Reconstruction Project – CDOT August 2021 to December 2022
- Expect significant travel delays and roadway closures starting in Sept. 2021
- Project Webpage
- Project hotline = 720-912-8870
- Project email = CO7Info@kiewit.com
- Text “CO7UPDATES” to 21000 to receive project text alerts
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Utilize CDOT’s COtrip.org website to see real time traffic condition updates on state highways
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie