Boulder County Public Works manages construction projects in unincorporated Boulder County for roads, bridges, multi-use pathways, and drainages.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
- North 71st Street reconstruction between Lookout Road and CO 52 – UNDERWAY – Will require full roadway closure starting March 20
- Crane Hollow Road culvert installation – COMPLETE
- 2nd Avenue paving in Niwot – spring 2023
- Overland Road at South St. Vrain culvert and bridge repairs – spring/summer 2023
- Longmont Dam Road bridge repairs – spring 2023
- 95th Street at Lookout Road intersection safety improvements – spring/summer 2023
- Buckingham Road drainage improvements – spring/summer 2023
- East County Line Road (Zlaten to St. Vrain) realignment and reconstruction – summer 2023 – Requires full roadway closure
- Jay Road repaving CO 119 to 63rd Street – summer/fall 2023
- Hygiene Road at Foothills Reservoir road and drainage improvements – fall/winter 2023 – May require full roadway closure
- 95th Street (Lookout to Valmont) Roadway Reconstruction – winter 2023 through summer 2024 – Will require full roadway closure
N. 71st Street – Winchester Circle to CO Hwy 52 – CLOSED starting Monday, March 20
Phase II of the N. 71st Street Reconstruction Project will start on Monday, March 13. This phase of the work requires a full closure of N. 71st Street between Winchester Circle/Gunbarrel Tech Center and CO Hwy 52/Mineral Road (see map) starting Monday, March 20 through June 2023. Learn more about the project and associated travel impacts on the project webpage.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to complete these projects.
For more information about Boulder County road travel impacts, please contact – Andrew Barth – 303-441-1032
Projects Impacting Cycling
Sugarloaf Road Construction – No uphill cycling between CO 119 and Betasso Road
Starting May 2, 2022, crews will begin constructing new retaining walls along the first 2,000-feet of Sugarloaf Road up from CO 119/Boulder Canyon. In order to complete this work, Sugarloaf will be reduced to one-lane in this stretch. Traffic signals will be used to control alternating traffic on the available lane. Due to the steep incline, cycling will not be allowed in the uphill direction through the construction zone Cycling will be allowed in the downhill direction. The project is anticipated to be completed in October 2022, weather permitting. Learn more.
Thank you for following restrictions! We apologize for any inconvenience.
- US 287 CLOSED in both directions between Dillon & Miramonte March 21 through March 26
- BNSF repairing railroad tracks that cross US 287 just south of Dillon Road
- Closure in place 24-hours a day from 7 a.m., Monday, March 21 through 7 p.m., Saturday, March 26
- Detour Map
- Questions, comments, and concerns can be submitted to BNSF
- CO 7 – Lyons to Raymond/Riverside Flood Recovery Reconstruction Project – CDOT August 2021 to December 2022
- Expect significant travel delays and roadway closures starting in Sept. 2021
- Project Webpage
- Project hotline = 720-912-8870
- Project email = CO7Info@kiewit.com
- Text “CO7UPDATES” to 21000 to receive project text alerts
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Utilize CDOT’s COtrip.org website to see real time traffic condition updates on state highways
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie