To renew your vehicle registration by mail, please send the following to Motor Vehicle Division, 1750 33rd Street, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301:
- Postcard renewal notice
- Proof of insurance if it is noted on your postcard renewal notice. ALL motor vehicle types MUST have insurance to be driven on Colorado highways.
- Your new physical and mailing addresses if they have changed.
- Proof of emissions if it is noted on your postcard renewal notice. To apply for an Emissions Waiver or Out-of-State Emissions Extension, visit https://mydmv.colorado.gov.
- Payment by check for the amount shown on your renewal postcard. Checks should be made payable to the Boulder County Clerk.
- Renewals must be received by the last day of the grace period (one month after the expiration month).