Drop Box Locations
For your convenience, we have three drop boxes available for MV paperwork:
- Boulder – 1750 33rd Street – outside doors on parking lot side – Available 24 hours/day
- Longmont – 529 Coffman Street – Available 24-hours/day
- Lafayette – 1376 Miners Drive – Inside office; Available only during business hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Mon-Thurs) except holidays
Completing Vehicle Registration Renewals via Drop Box
Drop boxes can be used for submitting a variety of Motor Vehicle paperwork as directed by staff, but they are most commonly used for completing vehicle registration renewals. Please include the following when submitting your renewal:
- Complete emissions testing first, if required (check postcard renewal notice).
- Package the following items together for the drop box:
- Your postcard renewal notice, if available, or a note with your license plate number and name/address.
- Starting January 2023, you will see an option on your renewal card to pay $29 for a Keep Colorado Wild (State Parks) Pass. This fee will be automatically included in the price of your renewal unless you opt out. (If you would like to opt out, follow the instructions on your renewal card.)
- A check payable to Boulder County for the amount shown on your renewal postcard. No cash.
- Proof of Insurance if required (check postcard renewal notice).
- Include a phone number we can reach you in case we have questions. Include on check or somewhere on postcard/note.
Renewals must be received by the last day of the grace period (one month after the expiration month).
If using the drop box, please allow up to two business days for us to process your renewal. Additionally, please return your renewal before the end of your grace month (one month after expiration) to avoid late fees.
Registration renewal with new stickers will then be mailed to your registration address. Please allow up to a week for mail. Thus, if using the drop box, expect the total turnaround time to be between 7-10 days to receive your renewal.