Boulder County is a socially just, inclusive community where physical and mental health, social well-being, and the environment are valued, supported, and accessible to all.
Address social, economic, and environmental conditions in Boulder County to ensure that all people have the opportunity for a healthy life.
- Monitor the health status of the population and the environment, and identify community health problems.
- Prevent and control the spread of communicable disease.
- Promote positive health behaviors and environmental practices.
- Mobilize community partnerships to solve identified health problems.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect the health of the public and the environment.
- Counsel and support high-risk children, youth, and families.
- Assure access and provide linkages to personal health services.
- Provide alcohol and drug treatment services.
- Develop policies that support and protect the health of the community and the environment.