The Personnel & Training Unit, which is part of the Administration Division, selects qualified candidates for may different job openings within the Sheriff’s Office. The unit is constantly evaluating, refining, and implementing stringent selection procedures and conducting comprehensive background investigations to ensure the selection of the most qualified law enforcement employees. The unit also screens our dedicated staff of volunteers.
Don’t See an open position you are looking for:
- If a position you are interested in is not posted at this time, please complete a Job Interest Card and one of our staff will contact you.
Transferring from another State:
- POST certified applicants from another state can apply for a provisional certificate. For additional information visit the Colorado POST website.
Disqualifying Factors for Employment at the Sheriff’s Office:
(The below is a partial list)
- Illegal use of controlled substances, as defined by Colorado statute, in the past three years renders an applicant ineligible for employment.
- An applicant’s criminal history, including arrests and convictions, will be reviewed. Chronic or recent criminal violations may negatively impact an applicant’s potential for employment, particularly arrests and convictions that do not comport with the Sheriff’s Office mission, vision, and values.
- For Sworn Positions: Any conviction of a domestic violence related crime or a crime described in § 24-31-305, C.R.S., will preclude employment with the Sheriff’s Office.
- Driving history can have a negative impact on positions that require a valid driver’s license. Chronic violations, multiple at fault accidents or accidents involving alcohol or drugs, DUI, and license suspensions are some of the factors that can disqualify an applicant from employment.
Hiring testing and process:
- The testing process is designed to identify the best candidates for the open positions. As many of the positions are in a high stress environment, it is important that applicants are tested using several different applications to identify the best people. Testing consists of a written test, interview, polygraph, psychological assessment, physical fitness assessment, medical and drug screening. Testing and the application process can last several weeks in order to organize the different steps. Not all positions require all of the testing, and the above list is not inclusive of all the testing.
303-441-4917 regarding deputy and security employment
Chat with a Recruiter
Have more questions? Our recruiters are available M-Th 7a.m. – 5 p.m. and happy to answer any questions you have.
Simply submit your information below and we’ll reach out as soon as we’re available!