March 30, 2022
Spring 2022 Bike-n-Ride Newsletter
Tips to help keep your bike safe
To all Bike-n-Ride access card holders:
As the weather warms, many of us are getting back on two wheels. We all love our bikes, and we all want to know our trusty steeds will be exactly where we locked them upon our return.
Unfortunately, bike theft is on the rise - not just at our local Bike-n-Ride Shelters, but nationwide. Here are some tips to help keep your bike safe:
- Use a U-lock! Thread the lock around the bike’s frame and the front wheel and secure the lock around a bike rack or fixed object.
Thread a U-lock around the bike’s frame and the front wheel and secure the lock around a bike rack or fixed object.
- Report lost access cards immediately to the county so the card can be deactivated and not fall into the hands of bad actors. Call 303-441-4520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not allow anyone to “tailgate” you into the shelter.
- Find your bike’s serial number and register your bike on Bike Index. While this won’t make your bike harder to steal, it will greatly increase your chances of recovering your bike if stolen and can make it harder for a thief to sell.
Find your bike’s serial number and register your bike on Bike Index.
- If your bike is stolen, report it to the police first, then to Bike Index.
As always, please contact me if you have questions or comments. Here’s to happy and safe pedaling during the spring and summer months!
Boulder County Bike Planner