October 27, 2022
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
South Boulder Road concrete panel replacement project starts Oct. 31; Expect travel delays
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Project will require lane closures, bike/pedestrian detours, and bus stop relocation
Boulder County, Colo. - Failing concrete panels on South Boulder Road between Manhattan Drive and Cherryvale Road will require the following travel restrictions from 7 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 31 through 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25:
- Both east- and westbound South Boulder Road will be moved to the same side of the road in a head-on configuration;
- Vehicle speeds will be reduced to 20 mph;
- Cyclists and pedestrians will be detoured onto the soft surface multiuse path on the south side of South Boulder Road; and,
- Cyclists seeking to remain on a hard surface will be detoured to Baseline Road via Cherryvale and Manhattan Drive.
In addition to these restrictions, RTD bus stops will be temporarily relocated:
- The westbound stop at Cherryvale Road will be relocated east of the Cherryvale/South Boulder Road intersection; and,
- The eastbound stop at Manhattan Drive will be relocated west of the Manhattan/South Boulder Road intersection.
Travelers can expect these conditions 24-hours a day, seven days a week until the project is completed. All work is weather dependent. For more information, visit the project webpage, or contact Andrew Barth, Public Works Communications, at email@example.com or call 303-441-1032.