March 26, 2020
Statewide Stay-At-Home Order Implemented
Boulder County, CO — Yesterday, following the Stay-At-Home Public Health Orders issued by Boulder County Public Health, Jefferson County Public Health and Tri-County Health Department, Gov. Polis and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment issued a Stay-At-Home Order for the entire state of Colorado.
After much discussion and consideration, our three local health departments have decided to rescind the local level Orders and formally adopt the state’s Order. We believe this action will ensure Stay-At-Home requirements are consistent across the state, and hence will make it easier for our residents to follow.
We applaud Gov. Polis for taking this critical step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our state and ultimately, save lives.
What the statewide order says
Stay home as much as possible except for critical activities including:
- Obtaining food and other household necessities including medicine
- Going to and from work if you are a critical employee (See list of critical businesses at covid19.colorado.gov)
- Seeking medical care
- Caring for dependents or pets
- Caring for a vulnerable person in another location
- Participating in outdoor recreation at a legally-mandated safe distance of six feet or more from other parties
For more information about the state’s order, please visit: covid19.colorado.gov
For general questions about COVID-19: Community members can call CO-HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English, Spanish, Mandarin and more.