October 30, 2020
Registration open for Nov. 9, 2020 Planning Commission Virtual Public Hearing on Oil & Gas Regulations
Registration is required to attend and/or to speak during the hearing
Boulder County, Colo. - Registration is now open for the public to attend or speak at the Nov. 9 Planning Commission virtual public hearing for Docket DC-19-0002 on the proposed Land Use Code amendments addressing oil and gas development, seismic testing, and companion changes to the Land Use Code. View the DC-19-0002 Staff Report for November 9, 2020.
Staff will present the proposed changes and Planning Commission will receive public testimony on Nov. 9. No action will be taken by Planning Commission on Nov. 9, and they will reconvene on Nov. 10 at 4 p.m. for discussion and action. No further public testimony will be taken on Nov. 10.
Attendees may join the virtual public hearing online or via telephone, but registration is required.
Registrants may sign-up to speak as an individual speaker or as a group that is pooling time here. Name, address and email address are required to register to speak.
For groups that are pooling time, only the designated speaker should register but he/she will be asked to submit the names, addresses and email addresses of those who are donating time.
- Individual Speaker Registration
- Pool Speaker Registration (only the designated pool speaker should register themselves and their pool time donators)
For those who plan to attend the hearing, but not speak:
Time allotments on Nov. 9 will be:
- Individual speakers will receive 2 minutes to make their comments
- 2 people pooling their time will have 4 minutes total* (*designated speaker for the pool will speak)
- 3 people pooling their time will have 6 minutes total*
- 4 or more people pooling their time will have 8 minutes total*
Note: All individuals donating/pooling time will need to be present at the virtual hearing when the designated pool speaker for the pool is called.
Online speaker registrations are automatically time stamped at time of sign-up. Those time stamps will determine the order in which speakers will be called to address the board.
The speaker order and estimated times will be available on the oil and gas webpage after 12 p.m. on Nov. 6. Note that speaking times are estimates only and are subject to change. For example, if a speaker is not present, the chair will call on the next speaker on the list, even if it is earlier than his or her estimated speaking time. If speakers were not present when their name was called, the chair will offer another chance to speak later in the hearing. However, it is the speaker’s responsibility to monitor the progress of the meeting and be present when his or her name is called.
Screen sharing of PowerPoints or photos will not be available for public use during the hearing. Members of the public may provide materials to staff for review by the Planning Commission ahead of the public hearing for review. Written comments or materials may be submitted to email@example.com
If you have questions about the hearing or your participation as an attendee or speaker, please contact us through the Ask A Planner form.
Schedule for review of the updated regulations:
- Now through Nov. 20, 2020* – County staff participates in Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) “Mission Change” Rulemaking Process (200-600 Series and 800-1200 Series). (*On October 13, COGCC revised their schedule again, extending the rulemaking proceedings through November 20).
- Monday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. – Public hearing for Planning Commission to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action by Planning Commission.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 4 p.m. – Public meeting for Planning Commission discussion and recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission public proceedings continued, if needed.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public hearing for the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action by BOCC.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public meeting for BOCC discussion. Adoption of regulations or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
In addition to participating at Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioner hearings, the county encourages the public to submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for those boards to consider.