November 10, 2022
Nov. 15 Public Hearing: Proposed No-Firearm Discharge Area Shooting Closures in Western Boulder County
The Board of County Commissioners will consider initiating specific, defined area no-firearm discharge area closures in Western Boulder County
Boulder County, Colo. -- At a public hearing on Tuesday, Nov. 15, at 1 p.m., the Board of County Commissioners will consider initiating “No-Firearm Discharge Area Shooting Closures” in Western Boulder County, including new closures in the Magnolia community and the Raymond/Riverside community, and an expansion of an existing closure in the Sugarloaf community.
County staff will present maps and boundary recommendations of potential closure areas to the Board of County Commissioners for their consideration. Also invited to present their perspectives are community representatives from Magnolia, Raymond/Riverside, and Sugarloaf, the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Parks & Wildlife, and the U.S. Forest Service.
The public is invited to speak during the public comment period. Proposed closure maps and the public hearing Board packet (memo, maps, presentations, written public comments) are available for review prior to the public hearing.
The hearing will take place in a hybrid format that allows for both in-person and virtual attendance and public comment.
--What: Public Hearing on Proposed No-Firearm Discharge Area Shooting Closures
Consideration of initiating no-firearm discharge area shooting closures in Western Boulder County, including new closures in the Magnolia community and the Raymond/Riverside community, and an expansion of an existing closure in the Sugarloaf community that the Board previously designated in Boulder County Resolution No. 80-52, A Resolution to Limit the Discharge of Firearms in Mountain Meadows, Mountain Pines, Pride of the West, and Sugarloaf Acres Subdivisions and Surrounding Areas. ACTION REQUESTED: Decision
--When: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022, at 1 p.m.
--Where: In-Person and Zoom Webinar
- In-Person in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room, Boulder County Courthouse, Third Floor, 13
25 Pearl Street, Boulder.
- Virtual meeting via Zoom. REGISTRATION REQUIRED (can be done at time of hearing). Virtual Attendee Link: https://boco.org/BOCC-Nov15-2022.
- Call-in information: 1-833-568-8864, Webinar ID: 161 107 3748
Public comment will be accepted in person during the Nov. 15 hearing or in writing in advance of the hearing.
- During public hearing (in-person, Zoom, or phone): Comment Sign up https://boco.org/In-Person-BOCC-Nov15-2022
- Written comments: Members of the public are invited to comment at the public hearing or submit their comments in writing using this form. We request input by noon, Monday, Nov. 14, to give the Board of County Commissioners time to review your responses.
For questions about the public hearing, please contact Barb Halpin by email or at 720-564-2830.