July 17, 2020
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
New Ride Free Lafayette bus service starts July 20
Free, on-demand, door-to-door bus service for Lafayette
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County is pleased to announce the new Ride Free Lafayette program, a free, on-demand, door-to-door bus service that connects people to places within the City of Lafayette, CO. Service begins on Monday, July 20, 2020.
Residents and visitors can use the Ride Free Lafayette service to connect to transit stops, get to medical appointments, run errands, get to work, visit the community center and much more.
How To Book a Ride
Riders can book a ride by phone at 833-456-3359, online at www.ridefreelafayette.com, or via the On Demand Transit: Rider App (download via Apple Store or Google Play), and the Ride Free Lafayette bus will arrive at the pick-up location at the designated time.
For details on downloading, installing, and signing up for the service, view the On-Demand Transit information page. After opening the app, the transit code for the service is: lafayette
Service Hours of Operation
Ride Free Lafayette operates Monday – Sunday and holidays, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Service begins on Monday, July 20, 2020.
Ride Free Lafayette operates throughout the City of Lafayette with service to the Kestrel community in Louisville. All trips need to start and end in the service area for the ride to be booked.
View or download the Free Ride Lafayette rack card (English and Spanish language)
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the following policies are in place:
- If you have recently experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or sore throat, please do not ride the bus.
- A mask or face covering is required to ride the bus for passengers 11 and older (and strongly recommended for those ages 3-10). Please bring your own mask.
- To promote social distancing, bus capacity is limited to nine passengers or three households, whichever is less.
- On the bus, please sit in the sections labeled and leave at least one row of seats between groups.
- Buses are disinfected once per day, and high touch surfaces are wiped down after each trip.