May 24, 2022
County Commissioners to host Community Meeting on Gross Reservoir Dam Expansion Community Impact Mitigation Fund – June 13
Virtual Community Meeting on Gross Reservoir Dam Expansion Community Impact Mitigation Fund
Meeting will focus on plan to determine how to distribute the $5 million settlement fund from Denver Water to address the community impacts of Denver Water’s Gross Reservoir Expansion Project.
On Monday, June 13, 2022, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., the Boulder County Commissioners will host a virtual (online) community meeting for Boulder County residents who live in the vicinity of Gross Reservoir. The meeting will focus on the county’s plans to move forward in determining how to distribute the $5 million settlement fund from Denver Water to address the community impacts of Denver Water’s multi-year Gross Reservoir Expansion Project.
- What: Virtual Community Meeting for Boulder County residents in the vicinity of Gross Reservoir
- When: Monday, June 13, 2022 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Virtual meeting via Zoom. Register to attend at: boco.org/GrossReservoir-June13-Meeting
Registration is required but participants can register at any time, including after the meeting has started. To participate, please register here. A calendar invite and a reminder notification will be sent to your email address directly from Zoom.
The meeting will include:
- Opening remarks by the Boulder County Commissioners
- Brief presentations about the $5 million Denver Water community settlement fund and next steps in determining how to divide and allocate those funds with the community
- 40-50 minutes of Public Comment* and Q&A
- Wrap-up and next steps
* The commissioners welcome the opportunity to hear from as many community members as possible in the 40–50-minute timeframe for public comments. The Zoom registration form includes a box to check if you are interested in speaking during the public comment session. Speakers will be limited to three minutes each, and all names received will be submitted through a randomizer app to determine the order of speaking. Note: all speaking requests must be received by 12 p.m. (noon) on Monday, June 13.
In the event that we receive more interest in speaking than time allows, we encourage you to send written comments before or after the meeting to email@example.com. Additional meetings, open houses, and opportunities to provide feedback will be offered throughout the year.
Note: The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to the Boulder County Commissioners’ YouTube account for anyone who is unable to participate in the live meeting to watch at a later date.
Ways to stay up to date on the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project:
- Follow updates on Boulder County’s Gross Reservoir Dam Expansion Community Impact Mitigation Fund website at: www.boco.org/GrossReservoir.
- Sign up as a subscriber to Boulder County’s Gross Reservoir email distribution list.
- Visit Denver’s Water website at GrossReservoir.org and receive notices from Denver Water directly about the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project by using the “Sign Up for Email Updates” option at the bottom of their website.
For additional information, please contact Barb Halpin, Special Projects Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.