October 6, 2022
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
Boulderthon race events in Boulder County on Saturday, Oct. 8 and Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022
Residents and travelers in the race area should plan for detours and delays
Boulder County, Colo. - The Boulderthon Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K races will be held in Boulder County and the City of Boulder over the weekend of Oct. 8–9. The 5K will be held on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2022, and the Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K will be held on Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022.
All community members will have access to their homes but may encounter delays and should follow recommended detours. If you are traveling through the area during the event please pay close attention to the Boulder County Sheriff, City of Boulder Police, and traffic marshals to ensure safety for runners and travelers alike.
Saturday, Oct. 8 impacts
The 5K course will be active in Boulder between 8–9:15 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 8. There will be no road impacts in the unincorporated areas of the county on Saturday.
Oct. 8 City of Boulder closures:
- Pearl St. will be closed to vehicular traffic between 15th Street and 18th Street from 4–9:45 a.m.
- Mapleton Ave. will be closed to vehicular traffic between 13th Street and 17th Street from 7:45–8:15 a.m. Westbound Mapleton Ave. will be closed from 17th Street to Folsom Street from 8–9 a.m.
- 13th St. will be closed northbound between Mapleton Ave. and Balsam St. from 7:45–8:30 a.m.
- 15th St. will be closed to vehicular traffic between Pearl St. and Spruce St. from 4–9:45 a.m.
- 17th St. will be closed to vehicular traffic between Pearl St. and Mapleton Ave. from 7:30–9 a.m.
- Balsam Ave./Edgewood Dr. will be closed westbound between 13th St. and Folsom St. from 7:45–9 a.m.
- Folsom St. Will be closed southbound between Edgewood Dr./Valmont Rd. From 8–9 a.m.
Sunday, Oct. 9 impacts
The Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K courses will be active between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday Oct. 10.
Main Oct. 9 County Closures:
- Niwot Rd./Neva Rd. will be closed to westbound traffic from 8:15–11:45 a.m. Eastbound traffic will remain open to allow local access. Lake Valley Estates residents may travel westbound on Neva Rd. after 10:30 a.m. to access US 36.
- N. 51st/55th Streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from Jay Road to Niwot Road except to residents from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Residents may access via 47th & Jay Rd. or 55th & Jay Rd., no access from Diagonal Highway.
- Jay Rd. will be closed to vehicular traffic from CO 119/Diagonal Highway to 47th St. from 9 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Residents may access via 47th & Jay Rd., no access from Diagonal Highway.
- Nimbus Rd., 41st St., and Oxford Rd. will be closed to through traffic from 8:30–11:15 a.m. Residents will have access to their homes during this time.
Main Oct. 9 City of Boulder Closures:
- 47th St. will be closed to northbound traffic from the Pleasant View Soccer Fields to Jay Rd. from 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Southbound will remain open to traffic.
- Pearl St. will be closed to all traffic between 15th Street (east end of Pearl St. Mall) to 17th Street from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 15th St. will be closed to all traffic between Lawry Lane and Spruce St. from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Access to the 15th Street Parking Garage will remain open.
- 14th St. will be closed to all traffic between Walnut St. and Spruce St. from 6 a.m. on Friday, October 8th through 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 10.
- Boulder Reservoir will be closed to the public until 1 p.m.
All Half & Full Marathon runners must choose a transportation option in advance of race day (either Shuttle or Runner Drop Off Pass), for additional information visit the Boulderthon website.
Shuttles to the start will be provided to all runners from Downtown Boulder. Shuttles are for registered runners only; no friends or family will be permitted. Shuttle service begins at the Boulder High School parking lot at 5a.m. There will also be Runner Drop-off (via Uber/Lyft, or a friend or family with required drop off pass) at Boulder Reservoir. Please utilize Downtown Boulder parking garages, there is no spectator or participant parking at the Boulder Reservoir on Race Day.
For the Kids Run, 5k, 10K: there are no Shuttle Passes or Runner Drop Off Passes. The Saturday Kids Run and 5k will start and finish in the same location on 15th & Pearl St. For our Sunday 10k, please drop off at Pleasant View Fields (no pass required).
Questions or concerns?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. You may also contact John Holste, Boulder County Special Events Coordinator at email@example.com or Justin Greenstein, City of Boulder Office of Special Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a table of all road impacts on Oct. 9