March 5, 2020
Boulder County Area Agency on Aging Seeking RFPs for Services for 2020-2021
Pre-proposal Meeting on Wednesday, March 25
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA) is seeking proposals from qualified organizations interested in contracting with BCAAA to provide the following services for older adults in Boulder County: assistive technology, caregiver counseling, caregiver respite, chores, legal assistance, mental health counseling, transportation, and services for the blind and visually impaired.
Up to $630,000 will be awarded to organizations that provide the following services or programs in each of the categories:
- Assistive Technology Education: Services related to assistive technology promotion, provision, and education geared at teaching older adults about how to use technology.
- Assistive Technology: Assistive Technology goods or devices.
- Caregiver Counseling: Counseling to caregivers to assist them in making decisions and solving problems relating to their caregiver roles.
- Caregiver Respite: Services which offer temporary, substitute supports or living arrangements for care recipients in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest for caregivers.
- Chores: Chore services are those services designed to increase the safety of older adults living at home.
- Legal Assistance: Legal advice, counseling, and representation provided by an attorney or other person acting under the supervision of an attorney.
- Mental Health Counseling: Counseling is the provision of advice or support to assist older adults to address issues, concerns, or make decisions.
- Transportation: Transportation is travel to or from one location to another in a vehicle.
- Transportation – Assisted: Assistance and transportation, including escort, to a person who has difficulties.
- Education – Blind and Visually Impaired: A supportive service to assist older adults who are blind and visually impaired through education and training services.
- Screening – Blind and Visually Impaired: The process of administering a standard instrument or tool to determine an older adult’s needs.
The official Request for Proposal is available for completion beginning on March 16. To access the official RFP, please visit www.bidnetdirect.com/colorado and https://bouldercountyaaa.oaa-sys.com/rfp/public/.
There is a mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting on Wednesday, March 25 for those planning to complete an RFP. The Mandatory Pre-Proposal meeting will be held at the Boulder County Clerk & Recorder's Office, Houston Room, 1750 33rd Street, Boulder, from 1 to 3 p.m.
The RFP bidding process closes at 2 p.m. on April 17.
The mission of the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging is to deliver, fund, and advocate for services that promote well-being, independence, and dignity for older adults, people with disabilities, family and informal caregivers, and veterans in Boulder County.
Questions about this the bidding process will need to be directed to email@example.com. More information about the BCAAA can be directed to Carlene Okiyama at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-441-1598.