October 31, 2019
A Program for Living Well with Dementia Scheduled for Nov. 21
Program is free, but registration is required
Boulder County, Colo. - The Alzheimer’s Association, Boulder County Area Agency on Aging, and Longmont Senior Services is offering Living Well with Dementia, an afternoon of programs providing hope and information for people living with dementia and their family/informal care partners. This program will include time between sessions for snacks, connecting, and checking out local resources. Participants can register for one, two, or all three afternoon programs.
There is no charge for these programs, but pre-registration is required at 303-651-8411.
- What: Living Well with Dementia
- When: Thursday, Nov. 21, sessions from 1-5 p.m.:
- 1-2 p.m. – The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease: About the difference between normal age-related memory loss and dementia.
- 2:20-3:40 p.m. – Dementia Conversations Q&A: Highlighting some of the more challenging conversations surrounding Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, with break-out sessions for caregivers and people living with the diagnosis.
- 4-5 p.m. – Transcending Dementia: With a positive perspective on the value of looking more deeply at the person beyond the disease.
- Where: Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont
For more information, contact Juliette Kershner, Boulder County Area Agency on Aging, at 303-678-6116 or InfoCaregiver@bouldercounty.org.