May 10, 2023
Opportunity to Assist with Distribution of Denver Broncos’ Funding for Youth Activities
Applications Close June 4 for Committee That Will Make Recommendations to the Boulder County Commissioners
Boulder County, Colo. -- Boulder County residents aged 16 and older are invited to apply for positions on Boulder County’s newly created Metro Football District Advisory Committee. The committee will meet monthly for three months and make recommendations to the Boulder County Commissioners about how funds from the sale of the Denver Broncos football team should be spent.
As part of the sale of the Denver Broncos, 2% of the net profit was allocated to the Metropolitan Football Stadium District through terms of the original lease and management agreement between the stadium district and PDB Sports LTD.
Boulder County, which is a part of the stadium district, received $309,220, which will be spent on youth activities. This means the funds can be spent on sports, music, art, dance, or any other youth activities.
“The funds Boulder County received from the sale of the Denver Broncos present an exciting opportunity to fund youth programs,” said Commissioner Marta Loachamin, who is leading the commissioners’ work to award the funds. “We want to use this funding in an equitable way and provide opportunities for youth who otherwise would not have access to funded activities. The advisory committee is crucial to ensuring the community has a voice in this process, and we encourage any residents with experience in this area to apply.”
- The committee will consist of 9 to 11 people
- Two seats of the committee are for residents aged 16-18
- This is a temporary committee – members will meet for approximately three months (June, July, August) for meetings that will last up to two hours in the evenings
- Meetings can be attended in person at 1325 Pearl Street in Boulder or online
- Committee members must be residents of Boulder County (that includes residents of all towns and cities within Boulder County plus the unincorporated areas of the county)
- Committee positions are unpaid
- Committee members could represent schools, sports leagues, youth-focused community organization (non-sports focused), or affinity organizations providing services to youth
- Committee members will give recommendations for funding to the Boulder County Commissioners for funding to be spent in 2023
How to Apply
Visit the Advisory Boards website and click on ‘Apply’ next to Metro Football District Advisory Committee. When asked to log in, choose the ‘Register if you don’t have an account’ option or log into an existing account.
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 4. If you have questions about the application or application process, please contact Robin Valdez at (303) 441- 3501 or email@example.com.