September 28, 2021
Vivienne Jannatpour, (303) 678-6277
Mayhoffer Open Space Draft Management Plan now available for review and public comment.
First community meeting Tuesday, Oct. 5.
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County, Lafayette, and Louisville have released the draft management plan for the Mayhoffer Farm Open Space property. The plan, public comment form, and detailed meeting schedule are posted at boco.org/mayhoffer.
The Mayhoffer Farm Open Space property is largely an agricultural property acquired by Boulder County, Lafayette, and Louisville to preserve and expand the rural buffer space between the two cities. The draft management plan intends to provide recommendations that balance multiple uses of the property, provide staff with a direction and common vision of what the Mayhoffer Farm will look like in the future, and guide management direction to achieve those identified uses and values.
Virtual Public Meeting/Q&A Session
Tuesday, Oct. 5, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
The student project team from CU Boulder’s Masters of the Environment program will present an overview of the draft management plan, recommendations, and an overview of the public input and approval process. A question-and-answer session will follow. The open house will be conducted as a Zoom Webinar. Registration is required.
Plan Adoption Process/Public Hearings
Joint Meeting of Boulder County Parks & Open Space Advisory Committee, Lafayette Open Space Advisory Committee, and the Louisville Open Space Advisory Board.
Thursday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m.
Boulder County Board of Commissioners meeting
Thursday, Nov. 4, 3:30 p.m.
Lafayette City Council meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 16, 5:30 p.m.
Louisville City Council meeting
Tuesday, Dec. 7, 6:00 p.m.
Online Public Comments
Public comment will be accepted online through Wednesday, Nov. 3. Comments will be published on the website as they are received.
- Comments received by midnight Monday, Oct. 11, will be incorporated into the presentation to the open space advisory boards for Boulder County, Lafayette, and Louisville at their joint meeting on Thursday, Oct. 21.
- Comments received by Thursday, Oct. 21, including comments spoken at the joint advisory boards meeting, will be incorporated into the presentations to the Boulder County Board of County Commissioners (Nov. 4), Lafayette City Council (Nov. 16), and Louisville City Council (Dec.7).
- The comment form will remain open until Nov. 3 at midnight and all comments will be published on the website and available for viewing by all decision makers.
For more information or questions about the draft plan or planning process contact:
- Tina Nielsen, Special Projects Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Robert Burdine, Lafayette Open Space Superintendent, at email@example.com
- Ember Brignull, Louisville Open Space Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All meetings are currently being held virtually. To view the draft plan, submit public comment, and view updates regarding upcoming meetings, please visit boco.org/mayhoffer.