Corpsmember Application Deadline Was April 14
The application deadline for teen corpsmember positions was April 14. Late applications are not accepted.
As of December 1, 2021, Boulder County requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request an approved accommodation within ten days of accepting an offer of employment. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series or one dose of Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
If you have never worked for the Youth Corps before, your application is not complete until we receive one letter of reference from an adult who knows you who is not a family or household member.
Ask a teacher, counselor, coach, clergy member, youth group leader, neighbor, family friend, etc. PLAN AHEAD! Do not wait until the last minute to ask someone to write a letter, and please be mindful of the deadline.
First-year Corpsmembers will be chosen based on their application, letter of reference, interview, availability, applicable experience, willingness to follow rules, and interest in being part of a team.
Returning Corpsmembers who are eligible for re-hire and submit an application by the deadline will receive preference in the hiring process.
Work Days & Times
- Corpsmembers work 30 hours per week; Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a half-hour unpaid lunch
- Corpsmembers will be required to constantly perform manual labor in varying weather conditions; they will frequently walk over uneven terrain; and, they may be asked to carry up to 40 pounds alone or with a teammate up to 100 feet anywhere from occasionally up to 2/3 or more of the time.
- To maintain employment, Corpsmembers may miss no more than 4 days, except for verified medical reasons or family emergencies. Plan vacations around the holiday break.
Corpsmembers will be placed on teams that meet in or near their hometowns. For example, an applicant from Lafayette will be placed on a team that meets in Lafayette or Louisville.
Employees will be paid using direct deposit. Open a checking or savings account if needed.
- $12.56/hour for 1st-Year Corpsmembers
- $12.82/hour for 2nd & 3rd-Year Corpsmembers
- $13.32/hour for 4th-Year Corpsmembers
- $100 bonus possible for successful completion
Applicants who have never worked for us before will be given a brief video or phone interview. You will be contacted by email with details.
Social Security Number
All employees must have a Social Security number before they begin work. File for a number now if you do not have one because it can be a lengthy process! More information is available from the Social Security Administration.