Housing Helpline
Happy father and child using laptop together
Boulder County has exhausted its Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) funding. We are no longer processing ERAP applications – access the “I Need Help with Rent, Utilities, or Food” tab for additional resources.

Housing Helpline

The Boulder County Housing Helpline provides information that can help residents find housing and stay in their homes.

Please see the housing topics below and click on the tab that matches your need. If you don’t find what you need, please send us an email at housinghelpline@bouldercounty.gov or leave us a message at 303-441-1206. Due to high demand, it may take several days for us to get back to you.

To access homeless-related services from Boulder County, individuals need to first contact Coordinated Entry. Coordinated Entry is a system that ensures everyone facing housing issues receives fair and timely access to the right support and housing based on their needs.

Once you contact Coordinated Entry, you will talk with a staff person and go through a short assessment. Next, they will refer you to services based on your needs. Services may include shelter, help identifying housing options, basic-needs services, case management, and more.

To begin Coordinated Entry, please call or visit the following organizations:

If you are in Boulder:
Boulder Shelter for the Homeless (4869 Broadway St, Boulder, CO)
Call 303-579-4404 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.

You may walk into the Boulder Shelter (4869 N. Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304) without an appointment every day from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.

If you are in Longmont:
Homeless Outreach Providing Encouragement (804 S. Lincoln St., Longmont, CO 80501)
Call 720-453-6096 Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 7:00 p.m.
You may walk in without an appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Messiah Lutheran Church, 1335 Francis Street, Longmont, CO 80501
You may walk in without an appointment on Wednesday from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Not everyone will be eligible for emergency sheltering and/or short-term rental assistance. If you don’t qualify for housing assistance, we will connect you with other programs and supports such as food and medical assistance, which may be able to help you.

For Families:

If you are a family experiencing homelessness, please email the Housing Helpline at housinghelpline@bouldercounty.gov or call 303-441-1206. Our staff may be able to connect you to available resources.

We encourage you to set up an intake appointment at one of Boulder County’s partner agencies, where you can discuss services that may be available to you:

If your family is homeless and you have school-aged children, please go to your child(ren)’s school and request McKinney-Vento services.

For Pregnant Individuals:

Please email or call Haven Ridge’s Mother House at 303-447-9602: Mother House provides sheltering services to pregnant women, transgender, nonbinary individuals, and families. It also provides baby goods, formula, breast pumps, and maternity clothing to families across Boulder County.

If you’re a youth (anyone who’s 24 years old or younger) experiencing homelessness or housing instability, contact TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes) at 303-447-1207. TGTHR offers safe shelter, food, clothing, counseling, and employment help. It also provides education programs, health care, transportation help, housing assistance, and more. All TGTHR services are free.

Depending on your circumstances, you may or may not be eligible for emergency sheltering. You may also be eligible for short-term rental assistance. Not everyone will qualify for housing help but there are many other services available that can help you in other ways.

We encourage you to contact one of the following domestic violence shelters:

  • For those in Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior and Unincorporated Boulder County: Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN): SPAN provides sheltering services for individuals and families fleeing domestic violence.
    24/7 Crisis Line: 303-444-2424
  • For those in Longmont: Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley: Safe Shelter provides sheltering services for individuals and families fleeing domestic violence.
    24/7 Crisis Line: 303-772-4422

Veterans Community Project (VCP): VCP works with Veterans experiencing homelessness and provides food, hygiene kits, housing referrals, case management, assistance with military documentation, and referrals for Veteran Affairs (VA) benefits. VCP is located at 1228 Main Street in Longmont. Call: 720-340-2916

Boulder Shelter for the Homeless (Boulder Shelter): Boulder Shelter provides individuals access to shelter services year-round. To receive services, you must first contact Coordinated Entry (CE) (see the “I am homeless” tab). For help after Coordinated Entry hours, you may go to the shelter between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. If space is available, you can stay one night, then complete the Coordinated Entry assessment. Boulder Shelter for the Homeless is located at 4869 N. Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304. Call: 303-442-4646

Homeless Outreach Providing Encouragement (HOPE): HOPE provides individuals with access to shelter services. HOPE provides day sheltering on Saturdays at Faith Point Baptist Church (833 15th Ave. in Longmont). In extreme weather, HOPE will provide day and emergency sheltering. Call: 720-494-4673

Navigation Maps: These navigation maps can help you identify and connect with organizations providing emergency housing and short-term financial assistance in different regions of Boulder County. These maps are available in both English and Spanish.

Mediation Services

Mediation is a free service that can help tenants create payment plans, assist tenants in moving out, or in some cases, provide tenants with financial assistance. Most importantly, mediation staff can answer your questions and work with your landlord to help prevent eviction. Mediation staff can also appear in court with you, if needed.

If you have received an eviction notice and have a court date, you must attend court. Before your court date, please call one of the mediation services below for help communicating with your landlord. Mediation can also help you prepare for court.

If you do not have an eviction court date, please still contact one of the mediation services listed below. Mediation staff can answer your questions and help work with your landlord.

Longmont Mediation Services is for residents of Longmont only. Email services@longmontcolorado.gov or call 303-651-8444 and leave a detailed message.

Community Mediation and Resolution Center is for all residents of Boulder County, excluding those living in the City of Longmont. Please fill out this online form to request mediation services. You can also email mediation@bouldercolorado.gov or call 303-441-4364 and leave a detailed message.

Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Services (EPRAS) is for residents of the City of Boulder only. Contact an eviction prevention coordinator to assess your situation and help connect you to resources that best meet your needs. You may also call 303-441-3414 and leave a detailed message.

Rent Assistance for Those Facing Eviction

Colorado Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP): To qualify for ERAP, you must have a current court summons, called a Forcible Entry and Detainer. If you have a court summons, please contact the CARE center to explore options at 720-356-0174 or 1-888-480-0066, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Colorado Temporary Rental Assistance Grant (TRAG): TRAG offers funding to Coloradans who have fallen behind on their rent, meet income limits and other qualifying factors, and are at risk of eviction or displacement. Call 303-838-1200 or 1-888-480-0066, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Contact one of our partner agencies listed below to find out about rental assistance and other supportive services that might be available.

OUR Center: The OUR Center serves Longmont, Niwot, Lyons, and the northern mountain communities. Breakfast is served at OUR Center on weekdays from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. and lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., seven days a week, excluding major holidays. Eligible households can receive groceries once a week at the OUR Center Community Market. The OUR Center is located at 220 Collyer Street in Longmont. Call: 303-772-5529

New participants need to complete an intake form. Make an appointment in person or by phone at 303-772-5529.

Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA): EFAA serves Boulder and the southern mountain communities. Visit the website to learn more about the Food Bank, learn more about housing options, or to apply for financial assistance. Please call 303-442-3042 for more information. Located at 1575 Yarmouth Ave in Boulder.

Sister Carmen Community Center: Sister Carmen provides assistance to residents of Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, and Erie. Appointments are required for financial and other assistance. Please call 303-665-4342 to make an appointment. Appointments are available in person or by phone.

Residents do not need an appointment to visit the Sister Carmen food bank and may do so up to three times per month. When visiting the food bank, please bring a photo ID and proof of address (such as a utility bill) for Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Erie, or unincorporated East Boulder County. Located at 655 Aspen Ridge Drive in Lafayette.

Resources for Immigrants/Spanish Speakers

If you’re an immigrant and you need immediate assistance, call El Comité at 303-651-6125 or visit the El Comite website. Another option is to visit Servicios De La Raza (Services For The People) or call them at 303-458-5851.

Resources for those with an Intellectual and Developmental Disability, Autism, or Brain Injury

Individuals with an Intellectual and Developmental Disability, Autism, or Brain Injury may contact Elevated Communities at 720-786-8944. Elevated Communities is located at 637 Terry Street in Longmont.

There are three separate housing authorities in Boulder County that offer income-based housing and below-market-rate rentals, housing waitlists, and Housing Choice Voucher information. The services each housing authority offers include:

Housing Choice Voucher Program

The Housing Choice Voucher program (also known as Section 8) is a federal government program that helps very low-income families, older adults, and those with disabilities afford housing in the community of their choice. A lottery system is used for applicants interested in participating in the Housing Choice Voucher program. The lottery opens when vouchers become available. Please watch for voucher lottery announcements at the top of the main webpage for each housing authority.

Please note: You should never pay to secure a spot on the HCV waitlist. Any request for money in exchange for placement or expedited service is a scam.

Income-Based/Affordable Housing

To apply for available housing that is income-based, please contact the housing authorities or the below housing providers.

Housing Options for Older Adults

Please contact the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA) at 303-441-1617 or e-mail bcaaa@bouldercounty.gov to learn more about the array of services they offer from information and referral to advocacy and engagement, LGBTQ+ programs and services and much more.

Please contact the property directly for the most current information on vacancies and requirements, as these may change frequently.




Colorado Housing Connects provides Coloradans with reliable, trustworthy access to general housing and fair-housing resources. Call: 1-844-926-6632

Affordable Housing Search tools:

Mortgage Payment Assistance

The Colorado Division of Housing operates the Colorado Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP).

For help with financial planning around mortgages or other budget-related needs, the Boulder County Personal Finance Program offers free in-person, phone, and virtual appointments to discuss options and create financial plans.

Other Colorado Housing Authorities

For a complete list of Colorado Housing Authorities, visit the Housing and Urban Development website.

Contact Us

Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
TTY: 1-800-659-3656
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306

Boulder Location

3460 Broadway
Map and Directions Boulder Location

Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Longmont Location

515 Coffman St.
Map and Directions Longmont Location
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Lafayette Location

1755 S. Public Road, Lafayette
Map and Directions Lafayette Location
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed 1-2 p.m. for lunch.

Housing & Human Services website

Connect With Us