Disposal of Syringes
You can prevent contamination of our waterways by safely disposing of syringes at home, using a needle exchange program, or via a syringe disposal company.
The Hazardous Materials Management Facility (HMMF) is currently accepting sharps from Boulder County, City and County of Broomfield, and Town of Erie residents free of charge during normal hours of operation. 720-564-2251
- Use industry standard sharps containers or strong, puncture resistant, leak proof containers with screw-on lids*.
- No milk containers (jugs)
- Use a black or dark-colored marker write: “Sharps – Do Not Recycle” on the container
- Place the intact sharps into the container immediately after use
- Drop off at the Boulder County Hazardous Materials Management Facility
*Examples of acceptable empty household generated containers that may be used for sharps waste include: laundry detergent jugs, bleach bottles, or other High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) plastic containers with screw-on lids. These containers should be stamped on the bottom with the #2 symbol which designate that they are acceptable for Sharps use.)