PERL is a training program designed to increase involvement among people of color on boards and commissions across the county.
- Prepare people of color to take leadership positions on boards and commissions and ensure authentic participation.
- Empower people of color to participate and become more involved civically in their community.
- Gain skills and obtain the tools necessary to better understand the process, structure, and make-up of boards and commissions.
Organizations are encouraged to participate in inclusive opportunities that are offered locally through the Expanding Leadership Initiative through the Community Foundation serving Boulder County.
Creating Connections is a workshop for executive directors and board members of non-profit organizations or agencies on how to diversify their boards.
- Developing strategies for board diversification
- Come away with tools for recruitment and marketing
- Support for board members of diverse backgrounds
For more information about the PERL program or Creating Connections, contact Maciel Leon at email@example.com.