Due to COVID-19 concerns Planning Commission meetings are being held virtually
Planning Commission Virtual Public Hearing: Proposed Oil & Gas Regulations Docket DC-19-0002: Amendments to Article 12 of the Land Use Code
Registration is required to attend and/or to speak during the virtual hearing
A moratorium on accepting and processing new oil and gas development applications and on seismic testing in unincorporated Boulder County is in place in order to review and update the county’s oil and gas regulations in response to the changes made by Senate Bill 19-181. This moratorium is in place through December 31, 2020.
Attend The Virtual Public Meetings
For the public hearings (Planning Commission on November 9 and Board of County Commissioners on December 1), the county will administer online advanced sign-up for anyone wishing to speak at the hearings.
Planning Commission Virtual Public Hearing, 4 p.m. Monday, November 9, 2020View the Nov. 9 public speaker list
Public hearing for Planning Commission to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. (The Planning Commission will reconvene on November 10 at 4 p.m. for discussion and deliberation / action; no further public testimony will be taken on Nov. 10.) View the DC-19-0002 Staff Report for November 9, 2020.
This virtual public hearing will be conducted using Zoom. A Zoom account is not required to join, but registration is required to attend. You may join the virtual hearing online or via telephone. Public testimony on Nov. 9 will begin after a presentation by staff.
Advance speaker registration is now closed. Registration to attend will remain open during the hearing, and anyone not previously registered to speak will have an opportunity to speak after the registered speakers. For technical assistance in joining the hearing, email email@example.com, or call 720-721-3534.Register To Attend
Time allotments on Nov. 9 for speakers will be:
- Individual speakers will receive 2 minutes to make their comments
- 2 people pooling their time will have 4 minutes total* (*designated speaker for the pool will speak)
- 3 people pooling their time will have 6 minutes total*
- 4 or more people pooling their time will have 8 minutes total*
Note: All individuals donating/pooling time will need to be present at the virtual hearing when the designated pool speaker for the pool is called.
Online speaker registrations are automatically time stamped at time of sign-up. Those time stamps will determine the order in which speakers will be called to address the board.
View the public comment speaker list (will be updated periodically before the hearing). Note that speaking times are estimates only and are subject to change. For example, if a speaker is not present, the chair will call on the next speaker on the list, even if it is earlier than his or her estimated speaking time. If speakers were not present when their name was called, the chair will offer another chance to speak later in the hearing. However, it is the speaker’s responsibility to monitor the progress of the meeting and be present when his or her name is called.
Screen sharing of PowerPoints or photos will not be available for public use during the hearing. Members of the public may provide materials to staff for review by the Planning Commission ahead of the public hearing. Written comments or materials may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- View the DC-19-0002 Staff Report for November 9, 2020.
- View the 2nd draft of the updated oil and gas regulations and summary, October 20, 2020
- View the 1st draft of the updated oil and gas regulations and summary, March 6, 2020
The County’s update process will include public comment and hearings before the Boulder County Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners. During the last several months, County staff and members of the public have been heavily involved in the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) “Mission Change” rulemakings that are revising all COGCC rules in light of Senate Bill 19-181. Those proceedings are anticipated to run through November 6. So that staff and interested residents can participate in these important hearings at the state and also have the opportunity to participate in the County regulatory proceedings, the schedule for public review of the updated oil and gas regulations is as follows (note: all meetings are open to the public and will be held virtually):
- Present - Nov. 20 – County staff participates in Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) “Mission Change” Rulemaking Process. (200-600 Series and 800-1200 Series)
- Monday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. – Public hearing for Planning Commission to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action by Planning Commission. Learn more or register to attend or speak.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 4 p.m. – Public meeting for Planning Commission discussion and recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony. View how to join the Public Meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 10.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission public proceedings continued, if needed.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public hearing for the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action by BOCC.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public meeting for BOCC discussion. Adoption of regulations or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
Start dateNovember 9, 2020 4:00 pmEnd dateNovember 9, 2020 8:00 pmCalendarCommunity Planning & Permitting, Home Page, Planning CommissionGoogle Calendar
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.