Native Seed Cleaning
|Application or Registration Deadline:||03/09/2021|
|Project Date:||Wed, March 10, 2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Opportunity Type:||One-Time Volunteer Opportunity|
|Department:||Parks & Open Space|
|Category:||Open Space, Environment, and Gardening|
|Time Commitment & Minimum Age:||All ages welcome|
COVID-SAFE Volunteer Opportunity!
At this project, we will use our hands, screens, rolling pins, cullenders, vacuums and more, to work the actual seed out of their respective vegetative homes (plant parts). I have a few seed-processing priorities this year, but the first few events will be focused on Helianthus nuttallii (Nuttall’s Sunflower). I will email the registered participants a Project Details sheet two days before the event and as needed after that. This will include project location, time, expectations, and a list of what to bring with you.
|Duties and Responsibilities:||
To ensure the safest possible experience for all, we will be requiring the following protocols:
1. If you are at all sick or have been in contact with someone who was sick within the last 2 weeks, DO NOT ATTEND.
2. The group will be limited to 9 volunteers, the activity will be held outdoors or in an open door warehouse.
3. All participants will be required to wear a face covering at all times on the project.
4. Social distancing will be required throughout the project.
5. We are not providing any water or snacks. Please ensure you come supplied with enough of both.
6. If you have your own gloves, please bring them. We will provide gloves for those who don’t have their own.
7. If not from the same household, drive separately.
Registration is required through Discover Boulder County, Parks & Open Space’s volunteer and event registration system. If you’re new to the system, you’ll need to create an account. But it’s easy and we only use your contact information to communicate about events you register for. We will never sell or give your information to a third party.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a link to the Online Waiver on the Registration page. Please click on this link to sign your waiver before coming to the project.