|Application or Registration Deadline:
|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Parks & Open Space
||Open Space, Environment, and Gardening
|Time Commitment & Minimum Age:
||Two year commitment. Pick up litter at least four times a year.
Various locations available.
Families, small groups, and individuals can adopt a trail, park, or shoreline by picking up trash four times a year. A sign will be posted at the trail or park showing others you are making a difference. Great for young volunteers!
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to at least two years.
- Pick up litter at least four times a year, from April through October, in the adopted area including the parking lot and picnic shelter.
- Enjoy working outside and be willing to pick up trash.
- Elect a group leader that will be in charge of coordinating cleanups and be the contact for the adopt-a-trail coordinator.
- Be courteous to other park visitors and not block the trail when picking up trash.
- You are not required to pick up dog poop.
- You are not required to wade into ponds or creeks to retrieve litter.
- Trash bags, litter grabbers, and on-site interpretive programs are available upon request.
- Group leaders are responsible for completing the Adopt-a-Trail/Park Inspection Sheet after each cleanup event.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
- Group leader must be at least 18 years of age (other volunteers can be younger).
- Be in good physical shape, and able to carry up to 20 pounds.
- Abide by all open space rules and regulations, and set an example for other park visitors.
- Must have personal transportation.
We cannot guarantee that an area or trail will be available as they are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Areas available for adoption as of June 8 include:
- Bald Mountain
- Boulder County Fairgrounds (Cattail Pond & North Parking Lot)
- Boulder Canyon 1
- Castle Rock
- Hall Ranch (Button Rock Trail)
- Heil Valley Ranch (Ponderosa Loop)
- Lagerman Agricultural Preserve (Shoreline)
- Legion Park
- LoBo Trail (Lookout to 71st)
- Niwot Loop Trail (Niwot Ridge)
- Pella Crossing