Follow these steps to join the Boulder County Adopt-A-Road program:
1. Ensure your organization can meet the Adopt-A-Road requirements:
- Minimum of a one year commitment with at least two reported cleanups a year
- Complete volunteer waiver form for all volunteers
- Correspond with the Transportation Department as needed
- Meet the policies and procedures of the program
2. Check to see what roads are available. The following roads are currently available:
- Ridge Road from Hurricane Hill to Cold Springs – 1.9 miles long
- St. Vrain Road from 59th to 75th streets – 2 miles long
- 95th Street and Yellowstone Road from Woodland Road to 95th Street – 2 miles long
- 51st Street between Boulder Reservoir and Niwot Road – 2 miles long
- 79th Street from Lookout to Mineral roads – 1 mile long
- Lefthand Canyon Drive from Mile Marker 10 to Mile Marker 13 – 3 miles long
3. Review and Complete: Adopt-A-County Road Application Packet and email it to email@example.com
4. Organize your volunteers, and have them:
5. Set cleanup dates. These can be scheduled independently of the Department of Transportation at your organization’s convenience. You must have two every year. More details are in the Welcome Packet.
6. Clean up your section. Please follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Welcome Packet.
7. Report your cleanups through our Accomplishment Form.
- Photos of volunteers who have completed the Photo Release Form are always appreciated so Boulder County can continue to promote this great program!
8. Upkeep your forms
- Ensure any new volunteers follow step 5
- If anything changes, please reach out the Transportation Department
9. Let us know if you want to continue. Once your commitment period has ended, please confirm with the Boulder County Transportation Department if you would like to continue or end your adoption by sending us an email.