This project was completed December 2023
Sugarloaf Road near the intersection of CO 119/Boulder Canyon Drive was damaged during the flood of September 2013. Boulder County Public Works made temporary repairs shortly after the flood. A new retaining wall system has been designed to replace the temporary wall that is currently in place. In addition, new walls will be built to help make the roadway more resilient towards future weather events.
Scope of Work:
The scope of repairs included:
- Reconstruct 1890 feet of retaining wall where the slope is currently unstable
- Repair retaining wall where it is damaged but still stable
- Improve drainage by regrading ditches and adding new culverts
- Reconstruct 1930 feet of roadway to meet current county standards, which includes a 4-foot wide uphill shoulder
- Replace all guardrail (approximately 1580 feet)
The project is reimbursable by FEMA.
- Andrew Barth – Communications – email – 303-441-1032