A floodplain development permit:
- Is required for all development in the floodplain
- Shall be obtained from the Public Works Department (formerly called Transportation) before the start of construction
All development and proposed improvements are required to conform to Article 4-400 Floodplain Overlay District of the Boulder County Land Use Code.
Floodplain development permit applications must be submitted to Boulder County Public Works Department and shall include the following information as applicable:
- Development plan stamped by a Colorado Registered Professional Engineer addressing the items set forth in Section 4-407 of the Boulder County Floodplain Regulations
- Location map (2000′ scale U.S.G.S. topo)
- Valley cross section at site
- Construction and material specifications
- Description of extent to which water course will be altered
- Floodway analysis (if required)
- Title report for Floodway Permit
- Engineering report addressing those standards set forth in Section 4-407 of the Boulder County Floodplain Regulations.
View Article 4-400 Floodplain Overlay District of the Boulder County Land Use Code for more information or contact the Boulder County floodplain administer at email@example.com or 303-441-3900.
Learn more about the county’s involvement in the Floodplain Remapping Project