Sexual Health Is More than Just Birth Control
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Making an effort to prevent unintended pregnancies and STIs and seek care and treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
(From the American Sexual Health Association)
Confidentiality & Rights of Minors
In Colorado, people under 18 can get confidential birth control, emergency contraception, and STI testing and treatment without parent/guardian permission. Parents/guardians are required to be notified before obtaining an abortion in most circumstances. Learn more.