GENESIS Supports Healthy Young Families
GENESIS helps children get their best start in life. The home visiting program supports healthy parenting practices within teen parent families in Boulder County. Services are provided to teen parents from pregnancy through the child’s third birthday. GENESIS provides high-quality family support services according to the Healthy Families America® home visiting model.
When a family enrolls in GENESIS they have access to a variety of services that can be tailored to meet their specific needs.
- One-on-one personalized support
- Referral and linkage to community resources
- Education on pregnancy and parenting
- Monthly outings with other young parents
- Assistance with family planning
- Transportation to appointments
- Support with school/GED/college programs
- Linkage to job training programs
- Childbirth education classes
- Maternity and child clothing and other baby items
We can accept clients who meet all of the following criteria:
- 19 years or younger at the time of becoming pregnant.
- Pregnant or parenting a child who is younger than 6 months old.
- Living in Boulder County.
Refer a Client or Yourself to GENESIS
Please complete our referral form to refer women or to apply as yourself to the Boulder County Public Health GENESIS program.
GENESIS Referral Form
If you have questions about GENESIS, you may send an email to the program coordinator.
Boulder County Public Health encourages frontline workers, advocates, and governments to partner with us in our efforts to assist pregnant and parenting teens throughout their pregnancy and in the early parenting years.
Our Family Support Specialists are former teen parents who have overcome the obstacles of parenting at an early age. They are strong role models for young parents. The social work staff is available to provide short-term and crisis counseling to clients, as well as conduct initial intakes and assessments. The GENESIS nurse teaches birthing classes, provide breast-feeding education and support, and help clients access needed medical care for themselves or their children.
Staff is available to meet with clients in the comfort of their homes, at GENESIS offices, or at neutral sites. Services are specially tailored for each individual family’s special needs.
Learn More About GENESIS
Notice of Privacy Practices
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
The GENESIS program is funded in part by a grant from the City of Boulder Health Equity Fund.
GENESIS provides high-quality family support services according to the Healthy Families America® home visiting model.