A use permitted by Limited Impact Special Use Review may be established only upon approval of the Board of County Commissioners, and subject to the conditions set forth in an approval of the use by the Board of County Commissioners.
Limited Impact Special Use Reviews typically include developments or uses that may potentially have a significant impact on the property, its resources, and the surrounding areas.
These uses include developments such as:
- Earthwork of more than 500 Cubic Yards
- Accessory Dwelling for Agricultural Unit
- Wind Powered Electric Generator
- Limited Impact Open Mining
- Temporary Fireworks Stand
- Adaptive Reuse of a Historic Landmark
See the Boulder County Land Use Code for more information.
Applicant(s) must first contact the Community Planning & Permitting Department to make an appointment for a Land Use Review Pre-Application Conference with a Planner to discuss the proposal prior to its submittal.
Limited Impact Special Use Review Information
- View LU and LUW Applications and Docket Information
- Limited Impact Special Use Review Application Packet