Sorry, we are no longer accepting entries for cut-your-own Christmas tree permits . The deadline was Sunday, Nov. 13. at midnight.
Christmas Tree Permits
2022 Christmas Tree Permits
Parks & Open Space staff will issue 100 permits to allow residents to cut their own lodgepole pine Christmas tree at Reynolds Ranch Open Space near Nederland. Permits will be issued through a random drawing from eligible submissions.
During the entry process, select which time slot(s) you are available to attend. The permit allows you to cut one tree during the designated time slot. 25 permits will be issued per time slot. Time slots are:
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 4, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 4, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Nov 13 (midnight): Deadline to enter random drawing.
- Nov 14: All entrants notified whether or not they were granted a permit.
- Nov 27 (midnight): Deadline to purchase $20 permit.
- Nov 28: Waitlist notified of any available permits.
- Dec 3 & 4: Time to cut Christmas trees!
Please consider the following before submitting an entry for a Christmas tree permit.
- PERMIT FEE: Payment information is not collected during the entry process, but selected permit holders must pay a $20 non-refundable permit fee online with a credit or debit card (sorry, cash or check will not be accepted).
- EQUIPMENT: Selected permit holders must bring a handsaw to cut the tree. Chainsaws are not allowed.
- VEHICLES: Only one vehicle per permit is allowed due to parking constraints. Permit holders must bring all necessary materials, such as straps and rope, to securely transport the tree in/on their vehicle.
- TREES: Selected permit holders will be allowed to cut a lodgepole pine tree to help thin an area of forest. These trees are not what you find at stores or Christmas tree lots. Those trees typically come from farms where they are specifically grown and pruned to create full and symmetric trees. These lodgepole pines are between 3 and 8 feet tall, might have weaker limbs, and might not look as full as typical Christmas trees. But they have excellent needle retention, look unique, and you will have the satisfaction of helping with forest management efforts.
- WEATHER: The event will be held regardless of weather. Vehicles must be equipped to handle severe winter driving conditions.
- WAIVER: Selected permit holders and all accompanied guests must sign a Waiver and Release of Liability before entering the property.