The memorial bench program provides an opportunity to honor, remember and pay tribute to loved ones. Memorial benches also support efforts to enhance open space properties while benefiting the entire community.
Memorial Bench Donation
Requests for new memorial benches will be taken Jan. 3 – Feb. 28. Requests were set to open on Dec. 1, but due to staff shortages, requests are delayed until Jan. 3. Instructions for how to request a memorial bench will be posted at that time. Early requests are not accepted.
- Memorial bench cost: $3,000 and covers the construction, installation, and maintenance of a standard Parks & Open Space bench. Bench is made from a durable recycled material.
- Term limit: 15 years with the option to renew for another 15 years.
- Benches can be requested for deceased people only (sorry, no pets or animals).
- A plaque may be added, but it must be paid and ordered by the requesting party.
- Must be a 3” x 5” bronze plaque with raised letters and a hidden mount (drilled and tapped for two bolts on the back side).
- Manufactured by an outside vendor of your choice to our specifications (we can suggest some vendors).
- Text must be large enough to be legible.
- Text only. No icons or flourish, and no paint or color may be added to the plaque.
- The time frame between the initial request and the installation of the requested bench may vary greatly depending on the location and time of year. Please maintain reasonable expectations.
- The final decision for bench requests will be determined by a team of staff members who will review all requests. It is not possible to fulfill every request.