July 13, 2022
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
Public invited to provide comments on DRCOG Transportation Improvement Program applications
Comments requested by June 20 on applications requesting $21.4M for transportation projects in Boulder County
Boulder County, Colo. - The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) has received 11 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) applications requesting $21.4M for transportation projects in Boulder County. The public is invited to provide comments on the applications submitted, which will be presented to the Boulder County Forum before it develops a recommended list of projects to be funded for consideration by the DRCOG Board of Directors.
The Transportation Improvement Program is a near-term list of all projects receiving federal or state transportation funds in the region. DRCOG establishes an open, fair, and objective project selection process for allocating federal and state transportation funds. This process is called a "Call for Projects". Once projects have been selected and awarded funds, they are added to the TIP.
Boulder County has submitted applications for three projects in this grant round:
- CO 119 and Airport Rd. Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Safety, and Mobility Improvements
- CO 119 Commuter Bikeway: 63rd St. to CO 52 and CO 52 to Niwot Rd.
- Southeast Boulder County FlexRide
An additional eight applications have also been submitted:
- Boulder: 30th St. Complete Streets Improvements: CO 119 to CO 7 – Preconstruction Activities
- Boulder: Baseline Rd. Multimodal Improvements: 30th St. to Foothills Pkwy
- Boulder: CO 93 (Broadway) & Table Mesa and CO 93 (Broadway) & Regent Intersection Improvements
- Commuting Solutions: CO 119 Corridor Branding and Wayfinding Study
- Longmont: Main St. and 21st Ave. Bike-Ped Improvements – Preconstruction Activities
- Louisville: CO 42 Multimodal Corridor Improvements – Preconstruction Activities
- Louisville: Via Appia Way Buffered Bike Lanes – S. Boulder Rd. to McCaslin Blvd.
- Nederland: Nederland Multimodal Transportation Plan