Young Leaders Academy
Workforce Boulder County and Community Action programs are excited to offer the newly created Young Leaders Academy! This program is designed to cultivate future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds.
If you are…
- Between the ages of 16 and 24;
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or Person of Color (BIPOC);
- Of low income;
- Excited to grow your leadership and personal development skills and talents;
- Motivated to take steps toward your educational or employment goals;
- Wanting to build connections with other young adults;
- Able to make a 6-month (fun-filled!) commitment;
…then the Young Leaders Academy might be a great match for you!
In this program, you receive…
- Up to a $6,000 stipend to support your educational, leadership and employment goals
- Six weeks of an interactive, engaging group workshop program to build your leadership, money management, career, and self-development skills
- Ongoing one-on-one ‘coaching’ with someone who believes in you want wants to see you thrive
- Choice of three ‘tracks’ including a paid internship, getting a certification, or getting your High School Equivalency Diploma
… and more. Since this program is just starting, we want to hear your voice to help shape this program into the best it can be for BIPOC young adults in our community.
Are you a community partner or employer who wants to get involved with Young Leaders Academy?
Help us support the program by…
- Get the word out to young adults and share this program with anyone you know – we’re ready to take referrals!
- Donate to the program and see how your dollars can impact the community
- Volunteer your expertise and experience
- Become a worksite for paid internships, serving as a career pathway for BIPOC young adults
- Serve as a resource connection for young adults in the program
- Partner with us as a ‘thought partner’ to continually shape, design, and evaluate the program