OK, So What Can I Do?
Volunteer opportunities exist for the following positions:
- Restorative Justice (RJ) volunteer facilitators are asked to attend a conference as a community member once prior to an initial interview, and once more before the requisite facilitator training that takes place twice per year- in the fall and in the winter.
- Victim Impact class facilitators must attend a 24hr training in the spring and participate as an observer in a 6 week session prior to facilitating.
- Mediators must have successfully completed a professional 40 hour mediation training to volunteer for our program.
- Restorative Justice Conference Community Members receive a short in house training
- Victim Speakers for victim impact classes in the Boulder County Jail – If you are interested in learning more about the victim speaker opportunities, please contact Devi Suess at 303-441-1752 or email@example.com
All volunteers are asked to commit to joining a team for at least one year. The teams generally meet once a month for 2 hours to debrief cases, review new policies, or for in-service training. It all starts with your interest, an application, an interview and an introductory training.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above positions, please fill out the volunteer application and submit to Restorative Justice Department of the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office .
Please submit applications to:
Boulder County Sheriff’s Office
Restorative Justice/CAMP Program
5600 Flatiron Parkway
Boulder, CO 80301
Email: Devi Suess at firstname.lastname@example.org