Farm to Early Care & Education Produce Delivery Volunteer
| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
|Human Services and Public Health
|Time Commitment & Minimum Age:
|Up to 4 hours/week for 20 weeks from early June-mid November. Must be 21 or older.
Throughout Boulder County
Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE) is a nutrition education program that aims to give children ages six months to five years the opportunity to learn about healthy, locally grown fruits and vegetables through:
- Cooking activities
- Taste tests
- Field trips
- Farmer visits
- Meals and snacks
- Nutrition lessons
Description of Work: The Child Health Promotion (CHP) Program at Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) is seeking a volunteer to help deliver locally grown produce to childcare programs throughout Boulder County to support our Farm to ECE program. The position requires up to 4 hours per week on Monday mornings for approximately 20 weeks from early June to mid-November.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive to the Boulder County Farmers Market warehouse in south Longmont
- Load bags of fruits and vegetables into vehicle and deliver them to child care programs throughout Boulder County
|Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: None required.
Experience: None required.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle that is readily available for business use; minimum liability insurance, as required by the State of Colorado; a valid and current driver’s license; and a driving record in good standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Boulder County Public Health requires all employees, volunteers, and interns to be vaccinated for COVID-19
- All new employees, volunteers, and interns will be screened by an employee health nurse to determine other potential requirements and is private and HIPAA compliant. Examples of potential requirements are TB testing, vaccinations, or blood-borne pathogen training. This screening takes into consideration the safety requirements for specific job duties and the number of hours worked. Please fill out all employee health screening forms completely (HIPAA, Data Access, TB screening and New Employee Registration) before scheduling an appointment with the employee health nurse.
|Training Dates and Information:
Training and Orientation: None required.
Benefits Gained: Mileage will be reimbursed.
Supervision: This position will be supervised by the Farm to ECE program specialist.
- Create health equity: Health equity means everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health. All staff at Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) are expected to work toward achieving health equity in Boulder County.
- Support diversity: BCPH is committed to the diversity of its staff, as well as providing culturally responsive programs and services that help to reduce health inequities in Boulder County. BCPH welcomes and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
- Conduct work in accordance with BCPH core values: Foster Trust; Demonstrate Respect and Compassion; Collaborate and Build Strong Teams; Be Flexible, Creative, and Innovative; Pursue and Support Personal and Professional Growth; Recognize Leadership in Everyone; and Promote Inclusion and Honor the Life Experiences of Others.
Submit an application online or contact Volunteer Services:
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304