The East County Line Road (ECLR)/Weld County Road 1 (WCR1) Project will widen approximately two miles of ECLR/WCR1 between Quicksilver Road and a point approximately 1,000 feet south of Pike Road/WCR 20.5 (see map).
The project will include:
- Reconstruction of two miles of major arterial roadway shared by Boulder and Weld counties
- Addition of seven-foot wide paved buffered shoulders for both north- and southbound travel
- Construction of a new roundabout traffic control system at the intersection of ECLR and WCR 20.5
- Replacement of the existing structure over Dry Creek #2 and improved alignment of Leggett Ditch
- View conceptual designs
- View a rollplot of the project layout
The project is a partnership between Boulder County and Weld County, each of whom own half the road. Boulder County Public Works is also working with Boulder County Parks and Open Space and the City of Longmont as the project is adjacent to designated open space lands.
There are no upcoming public meetings for this project.
A virtual public meeting was held on April 12, 2023 to present preliminary designs and answer questions from the public. Watch a recording of this video:
- Passcode to watch recording – 1DG7Uc1@
- Andrew Barth – Boulder County Public Works Communications – email or 303-441-1032