The Firewood Permit program has been postponed until further notice. There are no firewood sales scheduled for 2023.
Firewood Permit Sales
Upcoming Firewood Sales
Firewood sales will be held this summer and fall. Each permit, or ticket, costs $10 and will cover one load of wood. Wood is available in 8 foot lengths. Please read all details below before participating.
How It Works
- Purchase a ticket for the date and time of your choice.
- Each ticket costs $10 and is good for one truckload of firewood.
- Ticket holders may bring additional helpers but can only take one vehicle to the location of the firewood.
- Liability waivers must be filled out and submitted electronically by everyone attending the sale.
- Arrive at the location 10 minutes before the designated time.
- Bring ALL required personal protection equipment if you plan to use a chainsaw (eye and ear protection, gloves, chaps, and boots). You will not be allowed to use a chainsaw if you do not have all items.
- Staff will lead the group up the access road, where you will load your firewood from pre-decked logs.
Other Important Details
- Do not attend the sale if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Tickets may be purchased for personal use only.
- Each person present must have a signed Liability Waiver.
- Late arrivals cannot be accommodated and tickets will be forfeited.
- Firewood must be picked up and removed on the specified ticket date.
- Firewood not picked up will be forfeited.
- Vehicle must be 4WD, off-road suitable.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed.
- Only one trip per vehicle is allowed. Make sure your vehicle can haul the amount of firewood you decide to load.
- Due to adverse road conditions, trailers are not allowed.
- 4WD, off-road suitable vehicles are required.
- All vehicles must be licensed and insured.
- Drivers must obey all rules, regulations, and directions given by staff.
- Loads must be safely secured per applicable CDOT regulations.
- Wood is precut into 8 foot logs.
- Wood species available is ponderosa pine.
- Firewood may be green or dry.
- No guarantee of moisture content or wood quality is expressed or implied.
- Firewood will already be pre-cut into lengths no longer than 8′ long, stacked in decks beside the parking lot.
- Bucking of oversized material to facilitate/enable manual handling is allowed if the ticket holder has their own chainsaw and personal safety equipment.
- Ticket holders may bring their own chainsaws (two chainsaws max per ticket holder) for bucking oversized material to facilitate loading.
- Chainsaw operators must wear appropriate personal safety equipment including eye and ear protection, gloves, chaps, and boots. Without ALL these pieces of safety equipment you will not be allowed to cut.
- Processing of material into stove-length pieces on site is not allowed.
- If staff determines that weather, fire, or other adverse conditions affect the ability to access the site, the sale will be rescheduled or canceled.
- Ticket holders will be alerted by email if a date is rescheduled or canceled.
- Tickets will be refunded if a sale is canceled.
- Do not stack firewood near living trees on your property, as doing so could lead to insect and disease issues.
- Do not stack firewood near or under decks, structures, or propane tanks to reduce fire hazards.