August 31, 2017
Public invited to participate in the formation of the 2018 Boulder County Budget
The final 2018 Budget will be adopted on Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 11 a.m.
Meetings are held in the Commissioners' Hearing Room, Downtown Courthouse, 3rd Floor, 1325 Pearl Street, Boulder, Colo. (Map). Commissioners' meetings and hearings are webstreamed "live" and archived for later viewing. Public comments are taken at meetings designated as Public Hearings. Use the Public Comment Form to provide input on the 2018 recommended budget.
Boulder County, Colo. – The Boulder County Commissioners will hold public departmental budget request meetings in September – and a public hearing in October – to consider 2018 budget requests from county departments and elected offices. A schedule of all meetings is available on the budget calendar.*
Budget Meetings & Public Hearing
- The final 2018 Budget will be adopted on Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 11 a.m. (Meeting Notice)
Public comments may be submitted at any time by email to: email@example.com; Online at: Comment Form; by mail to: Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306; or by phone at: 303-441-3500.
Information about current and prior years’ budgets is available at bouldercounty.gov/Budget.
All meetings will take place in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room on the 3rd floor of the Boulder County Courthouse at 1325 Pearl St. in Boulder. The meetings will be webstreamed “live” and archived for future viewing at: http://boco.solutions/app/hearings.html.
- The County Commissioners conducted their annual Budget Work Session to consider all proposed budget items and provide funding directives to the Budget Office from 2 -4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2.
- The BOCC held a public hearing on the proposed budget at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
- The Budget Office presented a Recommended 2018 Budget to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) at a public meeting at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 10.
Departmental Budget Request Presentations
Members of the public are invited to attend each department head’s or elected official’s budget presentation where they present 2018 budget expenditure requests:
- Thursday, Sept. 7, 1-6 p.m. (Capital Requests, Countywide Projects, Health & Human Services) Fleet, Information Technology, Boulder County Building Services, Flood Recovery, Worthy Cause, Integrated Treatment Court, Emerald Ash Borer, Housing & Human Services
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 1-5 p.m. (General Government, Conservation/Sustainability) Administrative Services, Board of County Commissioners, Treasurer, Clerk & Recorder, Land Use, Assessor, Surveyor, Parks & Open Space
- Tuesday, Sept.19, 1-5 p.m. (Transportation, Public Safety/Judicial, Health & Human Services) Transportation, Sheriff, Non-Profit Emergency Groups, Coroner, District Attorney, Community Services, Public Health