July 11, 2017
James Canyon Reconstruction Update
This week in James Canyon:
- Crews will continue working on the new concrete box culvert at Castle Gulch
- Three of the six pre-cast culvert sections will be delivered on either Thursday or Friday this week, which will result in some delays as the truck is brought in and parked.
- The traffic signal will continue to be used after working hours and on weekends
- Road is gravel in this location
- Please obey the stop light - both cyclists and motorist must stop at a red light
- Stream restoration work will continue.
- Expect short delays as trucks enter and exit the road
- A mulching machine will be delivered tomorrow, July 12, so expect short delays as the truck is brought into the canyon and parked.
Next week in James Canyon
Next week will look a lot like what you're seeing this week. Work at Castle Gulch and in and along the creek. Delays will be similar as this week. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Free Mulch and Wood
The mulch stockpiled at the corner of Olde Stage Road and Lefthand Canyon Drive is available for free to the public. Kelley Trucking has also placed a few logs in the same spot that are also available. You will need to cut the wood and load the mulch yourself.
Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have questions.
Have a good day.
Boulder County Transportation