April 11, 2016
Free Backyard Compost Workshops held throughout Boulder County
Boulder County, Colo.
– The Boulder County Resource
Conservation Division is sponsoring seven compost workshops in various
locations throughout Boulder County. These events are free and open to the public,
though registration is required, as space is limited. Registration can be completed
What: Backyard Composting Workshops
- Boulder: Monday, April 25, 6-8 p.m. Boulder County Recycling Center, 1901 63rd St.
- Erie: Tuesday, April 26, 6-8 p.m. Erie Community Center, 450 Powers St.
- Louisville: Tuesday, May 3, 6-8 p.m. Louisville Library, 951 Spruce St.
- Longmont: Thursday, May 5, 6-8 p.m. Boulder County Parks & Open Space, 5201 Saint Vrain Rd.
- Lyons: Saturday, May 7, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Red Fox Outdoor Equipment, 424 Main St.
- Boulder: Thursday, May 12, 6-8 p.m. Boulder County Recycling Center, 1901 63rd St.
- Lafayette: Saturday, May 14, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Lafayette Public Library, 775 W Baseline Rd.
Cost: Free Workshop - SoilSaver
compost bins will be sold at the workshops for $55, personal check or exact
composting is an effective way to reduce waste, lower household carbon
footprints, and provide quality compost for use in gardens. Compost reduces the
need for chemical fertilizers, suppresses plant diseases and pests, promotes
higher crop yield, and improves water retention in soil.
will learn how to start and maintain a highly efficient backyard compost system
by learning what to feed a compost pile, appropriate bins and methods for our
geographic area, tips and troubleshooting, and much more. This free workshop is
taught by Melanie Nehls Burow, a Master Composter in Colorado.