News Archive
ATTENTION: This news article is more than 1 year old and information may be outdated.

May 13, 2016

Media Contact

Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032

Flood recovery-related Home Access Program application deadline is June 15

recovery-related Home Access Program application deadline is June 15

All full-time residences with unpermitted or
temporary bridges are encouraged to apply

Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County is working to improve the community’s
resilience to high water and flooding events by ensuring that undersized and
unsafe water-crossing structures are in compliance with Boulder County Code. There
may be financial assistance available to help homeowners repair and properly
permit accesses through the Home Access Program, funded by Community
Development Block Grant- Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR).

The deadline for applications
for the Home Access Program is Wednesday, June 15, and no new applications will
be accepted after this date.

The Home Access Program provides 100 percent grant
assistance for bridge and culvert repair or replacement projects. The funding
can assist property owners with all expenses associated with the replacement or
repair of flood-damaged bridges, culverts, private roads, driveways, and county
unmaintained roads. All primary residence homeowners (owner-occupied and
full-time rental properties) who owned the property at the time of the 2013 Flood
are invited to apply to the CDBG-DR Home Access Program, regardless of income

In April, Boulder County personnel began following-up
with homeowners regarding the status of their private bridges and culverts, as
well as driveways and private roads. Residents who are unsure as to the status
of existing access structures should contact Amy Willits at 303-441-4821.

It is important to remember that Flood Recovery Access
Permits (FRAPs) issued by Boulder County immediately after the flood were only temporary permits, and require
additional review and permanent permitting for the structure to be considered
in compliance with Boulder County Code. If you received a FRAP or have made
post-flood repairs to your structure without obtaining a permit, your structure
may require additional action.

For questions about permit status or the permitting
process, please contact Amy Willits, Flood Recovery Planner, at 303-441-4821 or

For questions about the CDBG-DR Home Access Program and
eligibility, please contact Matt Betz, Flood Recovery Planner, at 303-441-1723