Making any change can be hard, but it is much easier if you can make it fun. Help your family understand the importance of choosing healthy drinks. Try these activities to get your kids involved in switching to healthy drinks.
- Figure out how much sugar is in a drink.
Calculate Walking Time
- Use this card to see how many calories are in a drink and how much time it would take to burn them off.
How Much Sugar?
- Practice calculating the amount of sugar and added sugar in a beverage by learning to read labels.
- Learn how to make every sip count by reading labels and understanding portion size.
Make it Fun
- Take your kids on a scavenger hunt in your kitchen. This activity also helps with label reading.
- Play with Potter the Otter. He loves to drink water and has lots of activities to help kids learn to love drinking water too.
- Try a healthy drink recipe with your family.